Before I share the messages the cards revealed this week, I think it’s only right that I give an update regarding last weeks predictions
Last, the cards stated that I would be receiving some news this week that would have me jumping for joy. I assumed I was going to get a phone call but I did NOT receive the phone call that I was referring to.
It’s cool though because I received other messages that had me jumping for joy!
- I was informed of an online training that led to funding opportunities that will allow me to expand my business. I reached out the contact on the call and I have a meeting scheduled for January 6, I will keep you updated!
- Also, one of my good friends and clients reached out to me and let me know of a resource/blessing that will support us in facilitating a project we are planning in 2021.
I was too hype!!
Outside of that, I have been taking the role as the leader in my life more seriously, not just in business but all areas. Listening to my spirit and trusting my intuition.
I am officially on the board of Black Mothers in Power, an organization focused reducing the disparities that Black women face in maternal healthcare.
I have been engaging in a lot of positive self talk and trying my best to stay calm.
Now lets get into this week’s reading.
Continue reading “Heal Your Heart to Manifest and Maintain Your Desires”
In honor of Diabetes Awareness Month, I shared yesterday that my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes in 2018. A couple of days before her 2nd birthday.
Read our story, if you have not done so already.
Today I will share 8 facts you MUST know about diabetes, if you want to tackle this disease in a strategic way!
Since the day my daughter was diagnosed, I have been reading up on the disease.
I learn new things about our body and sugar every day.
If you have diabetes, please continue to read, you may learn something new.
If you know someone with diabetes, please continue to read, because you may read some information that will support you in helping them to combat this disease.
After doing my research, so far, here are some of my findings about diabetes.
- Diabetes is a chronic disease that affect the way your body regulates blood sugar or glucose.
- Just over 1 in 10 Americans have diabetes. If you in a room full of 10-11 people. At least one person has diabetes. This very true!
- New diabetes cases were high among Black and Hispanics from a 2020 study I read.
- Type 1 Diabetics do not produce insulin. Their immune system attacks and destroys the insulin producing beta cells in the pancreas. After the beta cells are destroyed, the body is unable to produce insulin
- Type 2 diabetics don’t produce enough insulin or their body resist insulin
- There are many factors that contribute to a person having diabetes. Their environment, genetics, obesity, inactivity, age, high blood pressure, race, and more
- There are 4 types of sugars-
- Fructose– a naturally occurring sugar found in fruit. Fructose does not cause a spike in blood sugars like glucose, sucrose, and high fructose corn syrup.
- Glucose– simple sugar that feed our muscles when we need quick energy like during a run or workout, which comes mainly from starch.
- Sucrose– table sugar- highly processed- all nutrients been stripped away. Too much can lead to diabetes.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup – Artificial sugar that is horrible for you. It was manufactured from corn in the 1970s to mimic table sugar.
- Diabetes kill more Americans than AIDS and breast cancer per year!
It is important that you stay informed and do your own research to heal yourself if you have this disease. You still have power. You are not defeated. You can still make decisions everyday that will support in having low blood sugars and living a long and healthy life. You are still in control! Being diagnosed is not a death sentence but a new beginning.
Thank you for reading.
P.S I would love to hear your experience with diabetes.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below