"You Can Be Whatever You THINK about & WORK Towards"
4 People To Listen To In Your Youth!
One of the most important skills a young person can learn is the ability listen.
I know what its like being young and being stuck between wanting to create your own path and make your own mistakes and wanting to be obedient and obey those who are raising you!
Its hard to determine who is even worth listening to when your young. As young adults, you go through a lot. My teenage years taught me soooo much about what life could be like if I followed and listened to the people who represented the higher part of me and those who represented my lower self.
To make the road a little bit easier for you. I am going to share with you the 3 types of people that you as a young person should listen to in life, to save you a couple of bumps and bruises along the way.
1. Listen to those who represent who you want to be. Once you define who you are and who you want to be, you can look for that in a mentor. A mentor is someone who is older than you, that is living the life that you want to live. That mentor would then guide you and show you the way. 2. Listen to those who care about you. If you have people in your life who love you, sacrifice for you, lecture you, and show up for you. Listen to those people. It may seem as if the message that they are trying to convey to you is wrong and your friends are right. But no, these people care about you and want you to be your best! 3. Listen to the people in your life that use their life experiences to teach you about life. My mom had a saying. “I went through what I went through, so you would not have to go through it.” Listening to the stories of others can help you to learn a lot about life. 4. Listen to yourself! We all have a little voice inside of us. That little voice is our conscious and we have to listen to it. The distractions in life make it hard for us to hear what that little voice is trying to tell us but its there, and we have to consult that voice before we make decisions.
Listening is one of the major keys in life!
You Have To Define You!
Its soooo important for you to define you!
We are living in a time where we are being influenced from the time you open your eyes to the time that you go to sleep!
It may seem like a lot of responsibility at this age, however, you have to be aware of what is influencing and how.
Don’t let the media, music, and other negatives influences cause you to act in a way that goes against yourself and the teachings of your family.
If you don’t have anyone in your family that is capable of showing you a positive way, identify someone in your community that acts in a way that you admire and build a healthy relationship with them!
Older people love mentoring people! Take advantage of that!
Here’s a exercise you can do that will support you DEFINING YOU:
Close the bedroom door (if you can)
Turn the tv off & put your phone on silent
Write down the responses to the following:
1. Write down 3 moments when you were you happiest.
2. What and who do you value?
3. How would you describe your attitude?
4. How do you like to be treated? Do you treat people that way?
5. What kind of student are you? What kind of student do you want to be?
6. How would your parents, teachers, friends, siblings, describe you?
7. Have you ever been in a physical altercation? If so, how often and why?
Write down the answers to the following questions to help you get a clearer view of who you are and where you are headed.
“You can be anything as long as you THINK about it and WORK towards it”
I mean this in the most literal way. If you don’t feel nothing else that I say, I need you to feel this!
“You can be anything you want to be as long as you THINK about it and WORK towards it!”
Your brain. The ability to THINK is a superpower. You were born with a superpower and it is on you to develop it!
Your ability to THINK is the only thing that makes you different from an animal. You are not an animal! You are a human with a superpower!
I need you to use your superpower to THINK about the important things in your life.
I need you to take a moment to think about how you can be different from what you see everyday.
If you come from where I come from, you may see a community filled with crackheads. Your house may be filled with addiction and all kinds of abuse. You might see people fighting on the street corners and have to duck from gun shots. And you may THINK that that is all you can become or have nothing to live for. NOT TRUE! I have lived it too.
I want you to know that you do not have to be a product of your environment! You THINK your way to a better life!
Under one condition, You have to WORK!
You cannot wish a thing true.
If you THINK about going to college, you have to WORK in a way thing will support you in becoming a college student
If you THINK about having a long life, you have to WORK in a way that would potentially get you those results.
If you THINK about not being a teen parent, you have to WORK in a way that will prevent pregnancy.
“You can be anything you want to be, as long as you think about it and WORK towards it.”